(hereinafter, "Malta System Ltd" or the "Company"),
through the Web page https://www.maltasystem.com/ (the "Site"). Under the applicable data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the "GDPR"), the Company is responsible for the processing of personal data.
You must be over 16 to register on this site and to allow us to collect and store your personal information. If you are under 16, we have the right to block and / or cancel your account or user profile. Parents or guardians of the minor can in any case contact us to block the account or profile of the minor for which they are responsible, through the means available in the section relating to the user's rights.
WHO IS THE HOLDER OF HIS PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING?
- Identity: Malta System Ltd
- VAT: MT25228615
- Address: Mrieħel Business Hub, Triq l-Arkata l-Baxxa, Zone 3
- Telephon: (+356) 20 97 97 42
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE TREAT?
1. Personal Information You Provide: The Company will process the following information when you create an account or make a purchase on the Site:
Identifying information (name and surname, email, address and telephone number);
- Usernames and passwords;
- Data on personal characteristics (date of birth and sex);
- Economic data;
The personal data requested are mandatory, therefore the refusal to supply them will make it impossible to provide you with our services.
In the event that you provide us with third party data, you expressly guarantee that you have obtained the prior consent of the same and you are obliged to transfer the information contained in this clause, exempting the Company from any liability. In any case, the Company can carry out periodic checks to check this circumstance, adopting the measures that correspond to the applicable legislation with due diligence.
2. Personal data we collect
• each time you access the Site, the Company will automatically collect and process the following personal data:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol address (IP address) used to connect your computer to the Internet, your access data, the type of browser and its version, the operating system and the platform;
- Information about your visit to the Site, including uniform resource locators (Uniform Resource Locators, "URLs"), the services you have seen or searched for; page response times; download errors; the duration of the visit, information on your interaction on the Site (for example clicks and / or mouse movements) and the methods used to exit the Site;
WITH WHAT PURPOSE DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Company will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Manage the services and features of this Site;
- In the event that you purchase a product on the Site, to perfect, respect;
- Check and manage the correct fulfillment of the contract;
- To detect and prevent identity frauds;
- In the event that you contact our customer service, process the request and provide the best possible service;
- Perform internal analysis and reporting for product procurement, future campaigns and inventory management;
- Being able to detect all those fraudulent accesses and navigations;
- Prepare a commercial profile about you, using data derived from the management of products and services purchased, and send electronic commercial communications related to similar products or services; unless you tell us otherwise by highlighting the corresponding box in the registration process or by opposing it later;
- Develop a commercial profile about you, based on the personal data you provide us and the data we obtain through your browsing on the Site, in order to analyze or foresee aspects such as your preferences or personal interests; and therefore be able, consequently, to send you commercial communications adapted to your preferences or interests, as well as to personalize our website or services; provided that you have given us your consent.
The legal bases for the processing of your personal data according to the purposes described above are the following:
- The execution of our contractual relationship with you, in the event that you purchase a product on the Website or contact our customer service.
- The processing of your personal data for the identification and prevention of identity fraud is necessary for the fulfillment of our obligations regarding money laundering.
- In every commercial communication we will inform you on how to cancel the registration in a simple way and without costs. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and, in any case, within the established legal term.
In cases where the Company needs your personal data to fulfill its legal or contractual obligations, the provision of the necessary personal data is mandatory. If these data are not provided, the Company will not be able to maintain its contractual relationship with you or fulfill its obligations.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We can communicate your data to the competent authorities when it is legally required; as well as payment platforms, with the aim of detecting and preventing fraud and managing payments in the event that a product is purchased or a service is provided on the Malta System Ltd website.
The Company has entered into contracts with suppliers for the provision of certain services (for example IT services, virtual infrastructures, cloud computing, consulting services and integral management of digital marketing actions, etc.), which can access and / or process personal data in their conditions as data processors. In any case, your personal data will not be transferred to countries located outside the European Union that do not offer an adequate level of security or do not provide appropriate protection guarantees.
HOW LONG ARE WE SAVING YOUR DATA?
This Site may include, display or install links to other Internet sites for your greater convenience and information. These Internet sites may operate independently of Malta System Ltd. It is possible that these Internet sites that link to our Site adopt special privacy policies, so we strongly recommend that you read them when you visit them. Except for Internet sites or Web pages owned or controlled by Malta System Ltd, we assume no responsibility for the content, use or privacy practices of other Internet sites that you visit with links to our site.
In this Site you can select some features that operate on the Personal Data that Malta System Ltd shares with other entities or Internet sites (such as, for example, "Share" on Facebook, Twitter or by e-mail). These features transmit data to third parties who can use the Personal Data in accordance with their privacy policies. These third parties may use Personal Data in accordance with particular privacy policies. These features are operated by third parties that are not associated with Malta System Ltd. We therefore strongly recommend that you read the privacy policies of such third parties when using the corresponding features.
Malta System Ltd has the right to use proprietary or third-party cookies while browsing the Site to improve your browsing experience or to show you ads suited to your preferences and tastes. These cookies collect information about you and your browsing.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Mrieħel Business Hub, Triq l-Arkata l-Baxxa, Zone 3 MRIEHEL, CBD3110.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|